Maybe you were sick – you were up all night, feverish and full of aches – so when the morning of your test came around, you just weren't up to testing. Or, perhaps you just didn't feel prepared. You hadn't taken the time to study for the ACT, so on the morning of the ACT exam, you decided to miss your ACT test date and figure it out later, even though you had already registered. What in the world do you do now?
It's pretty simple, really. You're going to apply for an ACT Test Date Change.
ACT Test Date Change Procedures
- First, go to http://www.actstudent.org and log into your web account. If you're not sure what that is, check out my registration instructions, here.
- Once you're in your account, select "Make changes to your registration"
- Follow the prompts to select a new test date, making sure that you are not later than the late registration deadline for the test date you select.
- If you're trying to change your test date and it's already beyond the late registration period, then you'll need to apply for Standby Testing.
ACT Test Date Change Cost
You've already paid the ACT registration fee for either the ACT test or the ACT Plus Writing test. A test date change has its own special fee, and you'll add another on top of that if you register during the late registration period or apply to test standby. Obviously, it makes sense to prepare for the original test date you planned to take, get yourself out of bed and go take it!
ACT Test Date Change Issues
If you don't have access to your web account for some reason – you're on a mountain top with no WIFI, your computer fell in the bathtub, you don't own a computer – then contact ACT at 319.337.1270 to change your ACT test date. Make sure you have the following in hand when you call so you're not scrambling down the mountain top attempting to quickly locate your mom's credit card at base camp:
- Your name exactly as it appears on the ID you will use when you go take the test
- A credit card
- Your address
- The test center where you'd like to test
- The test date on which you'd like to test
Get Ready for Your Next ACT Test Date
Okay, so you didn't make it to the test center to take the ACT this time around. Bummer. But you know what? It's okay. There's still time to do well on this college admissions exam. If you opted out of taking the ACT because you were unprepared, then make a different choice next time! There are plenty of ways to get ready for the ACT exam without spending a fortune or taking up the next three months of your time. Everyone knows that time is precious when you're in high school!
If you were too busy to prepare before, then here are just a few options for you to get ready for your next ACT test date:
- How to study for the ACT - This article provides you study schedules for the test if it's 1, 2 or 3 months away.
- 21 Strategies to Boost Your ACT Score - Here, you'll learn tips and tricks for getting a higher score on each of the five test sections on the exam.
- Free Practice ACT English Test - This practice quiz simulates the real test with real test questions so you can see exactly where you're missing the boat on your prep time.
- Free Practice ACT Math Test - Maybe you want to see how great your ACT Mathematics skills are! If so, run through this quick ACT math practice test to give yourself an idea about where you need to improve.