SAT Mathematics Basics
How’s your Geometry? Statistics? Rusty, maybe? For your sake, we’ll hope not, because the Math section, one of the three you’ll take on the SAT, is a doozy. The other two, Critical Reading and Writing Skills will knock your socks off, too, but let’s deal with one issue at a time, okay?
SAT Mathematics Stats
- You can bring your own approved calculator
- Divided into three sections: two 25-minute sections, and one 20-minute section
- Contains 54 questions total
- Two different types of questions
- Can earn you between 200 and 800 points, or 1/3 of your SAT Score.
SAT Math Average Scores
The average Math score for 2010 was a 516, so the good news is that you don't have score that 800 to do well on the test overall, although you'll need to do a little better than average for a scholarship.
SAT Math Question Types
As I stated before, you'll have two different types of questions to complete on the SAT Math section:
SAT Math Practice
Try out some of my SAT Math practice quizzes to see how you'll perform when test day rolls around.