From the article: Top 10 SAT Registration Questions
Sometimes, it can get a little confusing when it comes time to register for the SAT. Do you have an SAT registration question that just isn't getting answered? Post it here! I'll answer it personally. You never know...you may be helping out another student just like you. Post It Here!
Name too long
- my given name on my passport is "Sana Mohammad Anwar" and my surname is "Abid" how do i fill in my name for the SAT ticket. if I write it as First name: SanaMohammad (since it won't let me write with a space) and Surname: Anwar Abid is that fine? ANSWER: I would use SanaMohammad as your first name, and Anwar as your middle name. Use Abid for your surname.
- —Guest sana
- I did the SATs in October and chose the 4 score recipients but realised I didn't want to apply to two of the schools I sent them to after looking more closely at them but I didn't change them within 9 days. Should I email the school to let them know? ANSWER: Schools are used to getting truckloads of SAT score information that they'll never use. There's no need to contact the schools to let them know you're not interested. They'll realize that when you don't apply.
- —Guest Julian
- What if im biologically a female and putted on the sat registeration as a male, although i put every other information properly (my photo, full legal name etc). What would happen? ANSWER: You'll need to change it to match your biological gender, even if that is different than your real gender identity.
- —Guest No name
First and Last name switched
- my full name in my passport is Korres Vasel Rachel; however, my student visa in the u.s says Rachel Vasel Korres, i registered with the name Rachel V Korres, is this a problem? my test is in Nov 2nd and can i change this? ANSWER: It would only be a problem if you registered with Rachel Vasel Korres, and your ID didn't have your middle name or something. Your ID should be accepted when you arrive.
SAT Subject and Reasoning test
- is it possible to take both SAT and SAT subject test on the same day. Will it be too tiring? ANSWER: You can certainly register for an SAT subject test and the SAT on the same day. I don't think it will be too tiring for you, unless you need accommodations in some way. You'll have time between the tests to grab a snack, walk around a bit, etc.
- —Guest Gautham
Name Too Long
- My first name is Stephanie Pei Wen on my ID card. However, when I fill in the form, I need to omit Wen due to the limit. Would this cause a problem? ANSWER: Fill in as much of your name as possible and don't include the spaces. When you show up to test, it will be accepted.
- —Guest Stephanie
Change picture for SAT on 2nd Nov
- The picture which I uploaded is not acceptable so need to change it.Pls guide me ANSWER: Here are the College Board acceptable photo requirements: http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/photo-requirements
- —Guest Kriti Thakur
Test centre trouble
- No centre is administering the SAT Subject tests in chennai. What shall I do? ANSWER: You'll need to travel! Unfortunately, not ever test center administers all the subject tests. If you can't find one close to you, you'll have to travel to take the exams.
- —Guest Sruti
Spelled my name wrong
- When creating my account, collegeboard only put in the first four letters of my name (I actually have 6 letters) and I called them to update it, but its been over 3 days. How long does it take to change the name? ANSWER: If you haven't heard from them in a couple more days, then contact them again. They may have missed your request.
- —Guest satguest
- my name on my passport is AREEBA so i dont have a full name according to the passport but the registraion requires the full name! what do i do? and when i try registering from my other id the names too long what do i do in this case? should i submit my name in block capitals if it's that way in the id? ANSWER: Write your full name on the College Board website when you register - as much of it as will fit. And the capitalization does not matter.
- —Guest areeba
- on my ticket my first names have an order (ex: Maria Rosales Blanco) and on my passport it s different (ex: Rosales Maria Blanco) Is it a probleme...? ANSWER: Yes. They must match. You'll need to contact the College Board to fix the situation!
- —Guest Prinstil Al
my school's name
- When i printed my Admission ticket it had the name of my school i was in(let's say it is school A). But later, i changed schools(my current school B) now my admission ticket has the name of my previous school, (school A) will that affect anything? ANSWER: Your test scores will probably be sent to school A. All you'll need to do is contact school A and request that your test scores be forwarded to your new school.
- —Guest mohammed
- When I sign up for the sat I had red hair and in my in my picture I had red hair but now I have brown hair is that going to be a problem ? ANSWER: No. Changing the color of your hair does not disqualify your picture.
- —Guest mg
how do i edit the schools i selected
- how do i edit the schools i initially selected for my sat registration? ANSWER: Just login to your "My SAT" account at the College Board website and select different schools. There is a fee for sending score reports after registration. However, if you are a fee-waiver-eligible student, you may have additional score report credits.
- —Guest melissa
- The order of the name on my passport is different from what I have on my admission ticket. I have an affidavit to prove that the order on the admission ticket is valid. I'm taking th test tomorrow. Will I be allowed to take it if I submit my affidavit? ANSWER: If you have an affidavit, you're all set. =)
- —Guest joana
1-15 of 205Next