From the article: Top 10 SAT Registration Questions
Sometimes, it can get a little confusing when it comes time to register for the SAT. Do you have an SAT registration question that just isn't getting answered? Post it here! I'll answer it personally. You never know...you may be helping out another student just like you. Post It Here!
Didn't register with full name?
- I have a Chinese name on my identification card, but I only registered with my first and last name, so do I have to call the SATs ppl up to change my name on my admission ticket and everything? Or can I still be admitted for the test? ANSWER: You'll need to contact The College Board to change your registration name. It must match your ID!
- —Guest Anon
No Middle Initial
- I only put my first name and last name on my admissions ticket. My first and last name match exactly to the one on my school ID and driver's license, I just forgot to put my middle initial on the admission ticket, I have 2 middle names and I put neither on the admission ticket. My middle names aren't on my school ID but they are on my driver's license. Will I still be able to test with just my first and last name on the admission ticket? ANSWER: Yes! Middle names can be omitted; they just can't be different.
- —Guest Shae
- i put the wrong picture on my admission ticket. The picture is not me, but someone else. Will they sill let me take the test even if i have my student ID? ANSWER: No! You'll need to submit a new photo. It has to be you, or you won't be able to take the exam.
- —Guest Micheal
- Hi. My middle name starts with a G but I typed in a Q on accident. I have already registered, is there any way I can change it even though I've already registered? ANSWER: Yes. You'll need to contact the College Board to change it so it's accurate. Your middle initial can be omitted, but it can't be different.
- —Guest Fr
Is there a name problem?
- My full name is Leung Jia Min Florence. However I registered with Florence Leung. Will it be accepted? ANSWER: That's a tricky one. They may consider your first name presented as your actual first name and not accept it. Contact the College Board to make sure that it's okay!
- —Guest Florence
- My address contains letters like 'ł' and 'ó' and when I type it - there's a problem saying that I have to fill a blank with address. So I've replaced 'ł' with 'l' and 'ó' with 'o'. Then I sent an email to collegeboard about this but there's still no response. Is this really a problem or am I too... nervous? ANSWER: Your address will be fine with the changes you've made. =)
- —Guest Alex
question - birth date
- My son input the wrong birth date in his online registration and was refused admittance to the test last weekend. How do we fix this? ANSWER: Contact the College Board if you haven't already. They'll be able to help him reschedule his test. What an unfortunate mistake!
- —Guest Karen
Not allowed to continue registration.
- I have been trying to register for the sat website but sadly, the website has gotten me stuck on the All About Me portion and I cannot move forward. I have answered all the questions truthfully but overtime I try to continue it says that I have posted conflicting responses. Thank you in advance! ANSWER: "Conflicting responses" means that you've entered something in one space that contradicts something you've entered in another space. For example, you may have entered your birth date correctly in one spot, but mixed up the dates in another spot. Edit your work, or you'll keep getting that error message.
- —Guest Hi
- When should I expect to recieve my admission ticket?.I applied for the May SATs about a month ago and I still don't have it. ANSWER: You should be able to print your admission ticket from your account online. Login to the College Board system!
- —Guest Carol
Does a hyphen matter
- I am registered as Selena-Rose but my ID says Selena Rose no hyphen, will I be able to take the test? ANSWER: That will not be a problem at all.
- —Guest Selena
Middle name initials
- Okay so when i was registering for the Sat in May, i entered my middle initials and so on my SAT admission ticket it has Jeremy O Narciso, but on my school id it only has Jeremy Narciso. Will i still be able to get into the testing center if i show them my school id with no middle initial on it? ANSWER: Yes, that's okay. It would only be a problem if your middle initial were different.
- —Guest Jeremy
- What happens if your last name has an extra letter that wasn't suppose to be there.Would they let it go since it's just one letter wrong? ANSWER: You'll need to have it changed, even if it's just a typo. Contact the College Board and speak to someone who can change your information! http://sat.collegeboard.org/contact
- —Guest goldfish
Given name too long for SAT registration
- I'm going to take SAT this June, but my given name is too long to sign up for the college board, can I just type in as many characters as I can???
- I'm not in high school so what do i put in college board high school section? ANSWER: Put the name of the high school you WILL BE attending, if you're in middle school, or the name of the high school already attended if you have graduated.
- —Guest minia145
- After filling in the credit card information for payment and confirming it, an error message appeared at the top of the screen asking me to try again shortly or try a different credit card. I waited and then tried again with the same card, but the same thing happened. I turned off my computer and waited before trying again with the same card and again it didn't go through. The card did have money in it and there wasn't anything wrong with it, but I tried a different card and it went through that time. But I received three bank notices that the first three payments went through and have been charged $150. Will I be able to get a refund? ANSWER: Yes! Contact the College Board to notify them about the technical error: http://sat.collegeboard.org/contact
- —Guest Chrisvi
1-15 of 164Next