Question: How Much Does the ACT Cost?
2014 ACT Cost and Fees
How many greenbacks is the ACT test going to set you back when you register for the ACT? Here's the breakdown:
- Basic ACT registration fee is $36.50, which includes score reporting to four colleges, your high school and you.
- Basic ACT registration plus Writing fee is $52.50, which includes everything the Basic fee does, but includes the fee for the optional Writing Test (essay).
- 5th and 6th college choice fee is $12 for each school.
- Late registration fee is $23.
- Standby testing is $45 in addition to the Basic fee, if you missed registration for some reason
- Test date change fee is $22 in addition to the Basic fee.
- Test location change fee is $22 in addition to the Basic fee
- Test Information Release Service is $19.
- International Testing is $33
That's not too bad, considering the money you could make with an excellent ACT score.