From the article: Focus On Studying in 6 Steps
Learning how to focus requires, well focus. So how do you do it? Share your tips for how to focus with the rest of us - we're easily distracted! Share Your Best Tips!
- I always play with my Iphone when im in class. If you have the Same Problem TURN YOUR IPHONE OFF BEFORE CLASS AND GIVE IT TO YOUR TEACHER
- —Guest Yad
Go Get It!
- I just 'tell' my mind that I need to be focusing on what I have to do right now, and I prioritize. Self-discipline is necessary in most cases. I guess you have to be motivated first, though!
- —Guest vsgupte
My Dream Person!
- I think about other people who have suffered from the same distractions, and then I make up my mind to be like them and work hard to stay on track.
- —Guest AshRiya
relax your mind
- I definitely make a list first. Pick something, then focus my mind on that one thing until it's done. Then physically cross it off my list, and move on to the next item. I feel more accomplished when I can see that long list with everything crossed off. Also, I exercise a couple hours beforehand so I get all that extra energy out and I feel good about myself.
- —Guest liz capp
Part of food obsessed America
- If I have all the right snacks, I can focus my attention on the task at hand. Sad but true.
- —Guest Liz Beckman
Reward at the end
- I first set the goals and prioritize list of things I need to accomplish. Take a deep breath and try not thinking about other things. Focus my thoughts. When I accomplish the tasks, reward myself with simple things.
- —Guest Mary Wang
- I listen to the "calm meditations" channel on pandora. It helps me calm my racing mind so I can focus on what I need to be doing.
- —Guest tawny
- I have to first GET OFF FACEBOOK, then I just might be able to focus on something!
- —Guest Charlie Rae Young
- Focusing is really hard! I usually make a list of what I need to do and I time myself to see how quickly I can address every topic that I need to focus on. Or, I will stay away from distractions until I reach a certain point.
- Focus is practiced, not ever mastered unless you're a jedi knight or the dalai lama. NO matter how hard you try to focus you will get distracted so you have to plan on that and get things done as fast as you can.
- —Allen J.
- I listen to music on my ipod when I need to focus. I can tune out the whole world and accomplish what I need to do!
- —Shannon Richardson